I want to turn off having PayPal authorize my account signin by sending a code to my phone.

memelaina
Contributor
Contributor

How do I do this?  Can I do this?  This option comes up whenever I try to sign in on PayPal on my iPhone, and I absolutely NEVER want myself or anyone who finds or takes my phone to be able to do that.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@memelaina 

Well they won't will they if you have security to open / unlock your phone !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @memelaina

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry that there's any dissatisfaction with the OneTouch feature. This can be disabled by following these steps. Please note that when the option comes up in future transactions, you may need to decline to enable it.

Thank you also to @kernowlass for that help! Keeping your phone's security features enabled are also helpful in protecting your account!

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

memelaina
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Olivia.  I was delighted to hear that this is possible.  However, following the instructions has not removed the button to "Log in with a one-time code" from my PayPal iPhone app.  I did everything as requested, then turned the phone off and on again.  Nope.  That "one-time code" button shows right up again.  I'd be very grateful for more advice.  Thanks, Mem

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @memelaina,

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, I misread your original message. There is not an option to remove that. It will be offered to any accountholders who do not already have it enabled. However, to enable it, the person would need to have your login and password initially.

My apologies for the confusion.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.