"Get a Check By Mail" Feature Not Working

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to withdraw funds from my account via check on 4-23-20. The "Get a Check By Mail" link (Paypal.com/wdcheck) is directing me back to the Summary page. I have done this many times and  after trying to explain to the live help assistant for an hour there was a problem on PayPal's end I was told:
"It seems like our security system is checking on your attempt to request a check. You may try to do it again after 24-48 hours. However there is no assurance that it will go through by then because our security check procedure doesn't have a specific timeline."
Is anyone else experiencing problems getting PayPal to issue a check?

How am I supposed to get my money when I don't want my account tied to my bank and I don't want a PayPal Cash Plus account?

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

pf1029
Contributor
Contributor

I've used PP for years. Years ago, I foolishly linked a bank account. All purchases were always by CC. Then they charged the bank account om a purchase meanwhile I bought a expensive weapon and my check bounced because of their the PP charge. Notified the bank to block PP which they did. Finally was able to delink the account and have getting checks for years from them to my POB. Tried for the lat 3 or 4 days to get a check. And the same thing happens, click on the check request and it takes er to the bank account link. Two days ago finally got a rep and explained the situation, She wanted me to link an account! NO WAY! I said. Finally she talked to uppers a couple of times then told me they would process a check if sent to my home. I reluctantly agreed and she said I would get a check in 1 to 2 weeks, As of today, PP still shows the requested amount as being at PP. What a sham that they can pull this crap!

Login to Me Too

geolek

Same here, except when I get to the "wait 1-3 days" or "get it instantly", they both lead to the same "link a bank account". NO THANKS. Yes, I think it's a deliberate effort keep the money. Somebody needs to file a class action, or maybe write your congressman.

Login to Me Too

FiddleOfGold
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing with me. I called about a month ago because the "Check by mail" feature just kept asking me to link my bank account. I had used this feature many times in the past. When I call them, they tell me they are having issues and then she recommended that I link a bank account. I promptly told them I do not put bank account info on 3rd party sites. She tries to convince me that they are secure and there should be no worry. Still, ya nah. Told her I would wait. Well..here it is a month later and the feature still isn't working and still the same thing. Money still in the account. 

Edit: 

Just spent an hour on the phone with a lady who told me my 2 options are: "Verify my mailing address" or "Link a debit card/bank account" 

Verification of my mailing address involved (apparently) unlinking/relinking the cards on file to "Update" them in the system. Then was told to give it 24-48 hours to update. Oddly though, if I give them my bank account info, It would be available almost immediately. 

An hour. This is the same thing I went through a month ago. Was told the same thing. I gave it 4 weeks to "update" in the system. To be very clear, PayPal has sent 4 checks to an evidently "unverified" address already. Seems to me that they just REALLY want peoples bank account information. 

Login to Me Too

Temp20220803x
New Community Member

May 12/13 2021 same problem can't get a check mailed.  No PayPal I don't want to give you my banking info.  To get a hold of customer service is well, impossible.  I've been a paypal member since they first appeared on Ebay 20+ years now but this is really ticking me off.

Login to Me Too

lilbear13

Hello Folks - Had the same issue with the link https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/money/balances/withdraw/check sending me to the bank deposit page rather than the check issuing page.  After going several rounds with Chat help over several days and getting nowhere, I requested:  "At this point, this conversation needs to be escalated to at least a Level 3 manager. Please send this request to someone who is authorized to fix the problem."  Lo and behold, someone from Paypal Support actually called me, and within about 15 min of hold time said they had issued me a check.  I'll be watching my mail to see when it arrives... and of course, I did suggest that they look at this forum to see all the other folks having issues with this and fix it!! 

Login to Me Too

Wesd138
This is because papal is doing everything they can to make it impossible to use your account until you add a bank account. You see they get money from your bank everytime you make a purchase. We are not customers to paypal. they are not providing a service to us we are providing a service to them and if your services don't meet thier standards then you dont get to use the money you worked for. This is the way business is done now. They don't ever have to speak to you let alone stand face to face with you so what do they care. They also change the user agreement at least once a month to keep you stuck. They do not have to take responsibility for anything at anytime. I personally think they are in serious trouble or are going to be very soon. This is coming from lawyer's i have spoken to about my issues with these crook's. Thats why ebay dropped them. Sorry for the rant but i am so frustrated with paypal i told them i want my finds donated to charity (which they also get a cut of) and i want account permanently closed. They will not do it.
Login to Me Too

BrandExtract
Contributor
Contributor

I've gotten checks in the past many times. They've changed it now.

This is an obvious scam by Paypal.  I'm reporting to BBB and the Texas Attorney General's office.

Login to Me Too

ericinsaline
Contributor
Contributor

2 years later and this is still a problem.  requesting a check just redirects to the bank account page.  I tried the 'help', and

a support person called me back and said I needed to update my account with and address.  (already there) Then I needed to update with a credit card so they could confirm my mailing address (already there).  Then she said I needed to link a bank account and then it 

would work.  No, I told her that that was not in the agreement and I wanted a check.  She said her system could not verify my information.  It looks like its

just a scam to get my bank account info. 

Login to Me Too

BrandExtract
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, a scam.  I used to get checks, no problem. Now this B.S.

Login to Me Too

win00910
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue!! I refuse to put in my bank account because a couple of months ago, my debit card AND bank information were stolen from PayPal. The person was authorizing fraudulent charges from my debit card and did an ACH charge too! It was so scary and it took 2 whole months to get a refund from PayPal. After that happened, I deleted all my cards (had to get a new debit card and open a new bank account) and refuse to link my new account. But I forgot I had linked rakuten to my PaylPal and now it's stuck in this limbo. It's so frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.