i think i have sent money to an old account/card

joedaisley
Contributor
Contributor

i have recently withdrew a sum of money and sent it to my bank account. its only after i realised the 4 digits on the account i sent it to do not match my bank account or current debit card. theres no way i would have someone elses bank account linked to my paypal, so the only thing i can assume is that its the details from an expired card? what will happen now? i used instant withdrawal and have had nothing come through into my current bank account and the payment has been completed on paypals side. is there anything i can do? 

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

thankyou.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @joedaisley

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent transfer. If you know which bank / card the funds were sent to, you may want to reach out to them to see what next step they recommend. Depending on the bank, they may decline the transaction and send it back within 3-4 business days or they may hold the funds for you to claim them. If the bank isn't helpful, you may want to reach out to our Customer Support teams to see what options are available.

Good luck with this and future transactions!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.