credit card sometimes not an option when I try to pay with PayPal

megmak
Contributor
Contributor

My preferred credit card in my wallet sometimes doesn't appear as an option when I try to pay with PayPal linked from a vendor site. Not sure if it's vendor-specific (so far only 2-3 times and I haven't kept tabs on which sites) or related to the card or what. It's a Chase credit card, and I noticed that someone else had a similar problem with a Chase debit card.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

manju_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @megmak 

Thank you for your post and welcome to PayPal Community Forum. I understand this must be concerning as your preferred credit card does not show up for certain payments. There are several reasons for this and one of them is being our internal security system disabling the card due to risk factor associated with the card. Another possibility could be your card issuer declining the card for security reasons. I recommend you to try after few days without making multiple attempts. If you still do not see the concerned card, please remove the card, link it again and confirm the same. You may also check with your card issuer if they are stopping the payments. 

Thank you

Manju

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.