Withdraw a Euro balance from UK account to a Wise multi-currency account.

Temp20230525
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a large Euro Balance and am looking to reduce the amount of fees I have to pay and get a better conversion rate when withdrawing it. I have opened an account with this company based on this blog post https://wise.com/gb/blog/how-to-send-money-from-paypal-to-transferwise I have tried to follow the steps that it lists but find I am unable to add the bank account to the paypal account as the bank account the company says to use has an IBAN number and not a account/sort code number like in the UK. Can anyone confirm if this blogpost/advertisement is complete nonsense? And if it is, can advice me on the most cost effective way to withdraw Euros either keep in Euro's or convert to GBP? Many thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230525 

Paypal does not support Wise / Payoneer (or any other virtual banks).
Whilst you can sometimes add an account it wouldn't work properly and Paypal advise you against trying.
If you do succeed then Paypal wouldn't be responsible for any missing funds to or from that virtual / digital bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525
Contributor
Contributor

How would I add an account with an IBAN number rather than an account/sort code? Only option I can see if to add an account and sort code.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.