Can’t top up account

ellohello
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I forgot to authorise my savings account to make transfers, but the money was received by the person I sent it to. My balance is now -£50 but whenever i try to top it up, it tells me to try again later. What’s going on?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ellohello 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ellohello
Contributor
Contributor
when i try to add funds from my bank account and with my debit card it doesn’t work idk why
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thanks for visiting the PayPal Community Forum! And thank you @kernowlass for your help so far on this thread! Those are some great options!

Hello @ellohello, I'm sorry to hear you've run into some road-blocks adding money to your PayPal account. Have you made sure your bank account is confirmed? If that's not the issue, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams for further guidance. 

My apologies for any inconvenience that may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.