Transaction Fee and Exchange Rate

uberaltaf
Contributor
Contributor

Why don't PayPal show transaction fee and exchange rate before sending money? They charge way more than western union, almost double and exchange rate also very bad

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@uberaltaf 

That’s strange, PayPal usually displays the exchange rate and any applicable fees during payment before you finalize the payment.

PayPal India does not have friends and family option so you’ll have to send as goods and services option and the PayPal fee is shown & charged to the recipient. The exchange rate when PayPal is doing the conversion is displayed.

When you make a payment using your card, you can choose to use your card issuer's conversion rate. If you choose to use your card issuer's rate, you won't know the conversion rate right away. To find out the exact rate, you'll need to check your card statement later or contact your card issuer directly.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

uberaltaf
Contributor
Contributor

I still don't see it and just for my future reference as comparison, I started two transfers same time one with PayPal and one with Western Union, now in all three factors Western Union is way ahead, that's transaction fee , exchange rate and transfer time. Though I am feeling for sorry to use paypal bcoz i paid more than double charges and exchange rate was $1.6 less than western union. I don't know is it only me who used PayPal bcoz of not knowing as i don't think anyone has ever used PayPal as they cheat very cleverly. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.