Sending money to wrong email using business and service

Kenari1
New Community Member

Hi, 

the seller gave me wrong email address and I sent money to the wrong PayPal account using business and service. The transaction status: money sent.  I had sent messages/emails to that person whom I had sent the money for a refund but unfortunately I haven’t received any response. Can anyone please advise what can I do? Can I raise a dispute and if yes which category should I choose? Many thanks 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Kenari1,

Thank you for visiting our community help forum!

I understand your concern about sending money to wrong account. As you've sent the payment as goods & services payment, you can dispute the payment within 180 days of the payment date to get your money back. 

You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with the receiver. If the receiver isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute, PayPal will review it and decide the outcome. You can always check the update and status of your dispute at any time in the Resolution Center of your PayPal account.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.