Payment issue

Merlina2022
New Community Member
I sent a payment and on my end it’s says completed however the recipient says on their end it says pending. Is this normal and when can she expect to have it in her PayPal account. Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hello @Merlina2022

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

It sounds like this payment was sent as a goods & services payment and this was placed on hold for the seller to ensure you as the buyer receive your item or service. 

If there aren’t any issues with this transaction or account, the payment will typically be available to the seller within 21 days after receipt. 

To get payments released sooner, the seller needs to use trackable delivery with any of our approved delivery companies and enter the tracking details on your Activities page. 

You as the buyer can confirm you have received the item/service, the payment will then be released immediately. Steps on how you can confirm receipt can be found here: How do I confirm receipt of an item? Please try this using the PayPal Website rather than the App. However, this option is not guaranteed to always be available. 

For more information on payment holds, you can send this to the recipient/seller: How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

I hope this helps clarify the situation. 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.