Is PayPal holding account safe to use?

Clasp2000
Contributor
Contributor

Is it legit to pay someone and it be placed in a holding account?  Do I have control over when the money is released to ensure I am happy with the item as they want it to be paid this way as I can’t see the item for another week. They said they will take it off eBay to ensure I get the item but I want to see it before I agree?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clasp2000 wrote:

Is it legit to pay someone and it be placed in a holding account?  Do I have control over when the money is released to ensure I am happy with the item as they want it to be paid this way as I can’t see the item for another week. They said they will take it off eBay to ensure I get the item but I want to see it before I agree?

PayPal is not an escrow service.

PayPal at their own discretion MAY subject any payment to a hold for up to 21 days or released when item is delivered whichever comes first. The holds are determined by PayPal’s internal security system.

As a buyer, you do have the ability to dispute the transaction within 180 days from date of payment anyway under PayPal buyer protection program so long as you send payment by the goods and services option.

Friends and friends option are not covered as they are essentially ‘gift’ payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clasp2000 wrote:

PayPal is not an escrow service.

PayPal at their own discretion MAY subject any payment to a hold for up to 21 days or released when item is delivered whichever comes first. The holds are determined by PayPal’s internal security system.

As a buyer, you do have the ability to dispute the transaction within 180 days from date of payment anyway under PayPal buyer protection program so long as you send payment by the goods and services option.

Friends and friends option are not covered as they are essentially ‘gift’ payments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.