How to get rid of new sellers and 21 days hold?

YashSingh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am from India and I am trying to receive money from someone in Germany. 
Issue I am facing is that despite the sender saying that they are sending money as friends/family, I am getting this thing where paypal is treating it as a item to be shipped every time. I don't get this, I am not trying to sell anything, I just want to receive money from them. Why is this happening?
How to resolve this?

In addition to this, now paypal is treating me as a new seller, I don't want to do 5 sales with 200USD earning to get rid of 21 days hold of money.
This wasn't there before the other person sent money. I was getting money from Fiverr without any discrepancy. I want to get rid of new seller thing.
How can I do this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YashSingh 

PayPal reserves the right to use holds at the account or transaction level as per Holds, Limitations and Reserves section of the user agreement. PayPal uses holds as part of their risk assessment/security model so it is not possible to get rid of it totally but there are ways to get the money released sooner or access more of it immediately.

Every account has an assigned monthly immediate release amount that fluctuates with your payment volume, if you exceed this amount, your subsequent payments will be on hold and is why some payments are immediately released and some are not. You can meet certain requirements to access more funds as per New PayPal account – payments on hold and accessing your money quicker

Some entities are more trusted with a proven history so their payments may just slide right through no problem.

There’s also other reasons for the hold beside being a new seller as per
Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

And the ability to classify payments as friends and family is not available in PayPal India so all transactions are classified as goods and services.

To get money sooner, click Add tracking info and select Order Processed from the Order Status menu. Then 48 hrs from payment date, ask sender to confirm receipt as per How do I confirm I received an item? Not all transactions will have the confirm receipt option in which case you must wait 7 to 21 days for PayPal to release payment. If a payment is ever on hold for 23+ days, contact PayPal about releasing it for you.

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YashSingh 

PayPal reserves the right to use holds at the account or transaction level as per Holds, Limitations and Reserves section of the user agreement. PayPal uses holds as part of their risk assessment/security model so it is not possible to get rid of it totally but there are ways to get the money released sooner or access more of it immediately.

Every account has an assigned monthly immediate release amount that fluctuates with your payment volume, if you exceed this amount, your subsequent payments will be on hold and is why some payments are immediately released and some are not. You can meet certain requirements to access more funds as per New PayPal account – payments on hold and accessing your money quicker

Some entities are more trusted with a proven history so their payments may just slide right through no problem.

There’s also other reasons for the hold beside being a new seller as per
Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

And the ability to classify payments as friends and family is not available in PayPal India so all transactions are classified as goods and services.

To get money sooner, click Add tracking info and select Order Processed from the Order Status menu. Then 48 hrs from payment date, ask sender to confirm receipt as per How do I confirm I received an item? Not all transactions will have the confirm receipt option in which case you must wait 7 to 21 days for PayPal to release payment. If a payment is ever on hold for 23+ days, contact PayPal about releasing it for you.

https://www.paypal.com/in/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

YashSingh
Contributor
Contributor

Oh understood, I will try this and let you know. Thanks a lot.

Login to Me Too

YashSingh
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker I understood. But lets say Fiverr transfers me money, how does that come in couple of hours without me having to go through that shipment thing?? Is it just because it's a big corporation?

Secondly, if someone from foreign has to send me money, is the 'shipment' only way? Can't I get direct payments?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @YashSingh,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for starting a new thread to ask your questions!

In India, payments may be received only as Goods and Services payments. If you receive a payment for a service or intangible item, you can choose a selection other than "shipped". Depending on the selection you choose, it should provide an option to the sender to confirm that they have received the service when they go into the transaction details. In the absence of that confirmation, the full 21 days would have to elapse before the payment would become available.

Holds may be present because you are a new seller, or it may be that there is a minor risk factor involved that indicates the need for confirmation of receipt of the item or service to offset the risk of dispute or other problems. In the situation with Fiverr, your thought that the size of the company or its volume may be a contributing factor could be a possibility, as the security system takes a lot of things into account. It is not possible to isolate the specific reasons, however. 

I hope this information is helpful for future transactions!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.