How do I withdraw in different currency

Thucar
New Community Member

I have two different bank accounts for my business. One is an EUR account, the other is an USD account. This allows me to both make and accept payments in either currencies easily. 
I have linked both accounts to PayPal but I am unable to withdraw the USD that is in my PP wallet, to my USD account. It seems to want to convert the USD in my PP wallet to EUR and then transfer it to my USD account, which is less than ideal, to put it mildly.

Is there a way to define currency for a linked bank account?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Thucar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

Withdrawals to a bank are conducted in the currency that is the default for the country that the account was registered in, and the setting cannot be changed. I would recommend only using the EUR account for withdrawal.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

justtallcom
Contributor
Contributor

Wow. Paypal are already hammering us 5.5% in international transaction fees - and now they want to take another 2.5% because we have to convert $ sales from our $ customers into British pounds!!!

What an absolute rip off.

Login to Me Too

sdority905
New Community Member

@PayPal_OliviaIf what you are saying is accurate, then why does PayPal still convert to USD when I am trying to withdraw money to my bank account abroad where USD is NOT the primary currency?

Please advise.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@sdority905,

It sounds like you're account is registered in a country where withdrawals are sent in USD only, example, the U.S.

In this case, if your balance is in EUR and you're withdrawing to a bank in the US, it will be converted. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@Thucar,

I'm afraid you will not be able to withdraw to your USD bank in USD if your account was registered in a country in which PayPal can only transfer funds to a bank account in EUR. 

The only solution here is to check if you can add a US bank account, if you can, most PayPal accounts are eligible to add one. Or, if you're eligible to withdraw to a Visa card, you can add the card, request the currency of the card to be updated to USD. This will only work if your country allows withdrawals to debit/credit cards. 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.