ENTERED DEBIT CARD NUMBER INSTEAD OF ACCOUNT NUMBER AT THE BACK OF THE CARD

mrdetz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Hope I will get a valid response for this problem. Let me say that I did a human-error which I linked a bank account to my paypal so that I can withdraw my funds. Unfortunately, I mistakenly inputted the debit card number (16-digit number in front) instead of the Account Number (card back numbers) and saved it. Paypal accepted it so I thought it's the correct details, but when I tried to withdraw my funds from Paypal to my linked ATM card with wrong account number, it processed and says completed but did not go in my bank account (because account number is wrong).
Questions is, how can I get back my money? Do I need to go to my bank provider or Paypal can do anything about this? Or will my money bounce back to my Paypal because the account details is wrong? 

Any response would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank You!!

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
@SykBlitch24 I see. Will do probably towards the end of the week just to be sure because it’ll now be the holiday period. Thanks for sharing!
Login to Me Too

Zerephrum
Contributor
Contributor
So I tried calling paypal just now. I had my transaction last Dec 4 and apparently and surprisingly my money went back to my paypal account. I suggest try calling them and see if it comes back.
Login to Me Too

SykBlitch24
Contributor
Contributor
@katcampos I just got my money back actually
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone! I have just got my money back in my account probably yesterday evening as I didn’t see any in the morning. I hope you all have received yours if you have been waiting just like me. Merry Christmas!
Login to Me Too

Jm_99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! What should I do? I'm in the same situation as well, I've already sent them an email stating my case. The instructions while linking our bank account to paypal was really misleading in a way that it tells us that our account number may have (1-16 digits). I guess in some countries they may have more than 10 digits but I guess if it weren't for the 1-16 digits, right of the bat we would know that the account number is at the back. Anyway, I'd like to know what were the process that you went through in order to have your money back. Should I call the bank?

Login to Me Too

jebopiana
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! What is their email address po? And all possible ways to contact them po?
Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Hi again guys, what I did now is to create a Gcash account (as suggested by @Jimmydude) and from there follow carefully the instructions on how to first link your Paypal to the Gcash account then transfer funds from Paypal to Gcash. After getting the money (instantly!) into your Gcash account, you can then have lots of options on how to access the funds. As a Metrobank account holder, I transferred my money into my Metrobank account. To my surprise, there is no charge/service fee and I was able to transfer it within seconds. @SykBlitch24, you can try that too. It doesn’t matter if you are not a Globe user, Gcash is now open to all other subscribers. Hope this helps us all.
Login to Me Too

Jimmydude
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @katcampos and everyone here. Yes, please do use G cash and carefully follow the steps. The first of all steps would require you to convert currency and then it should reflect on your G cash app when your PayPal account is linked to that. My update is that I was able to get my funds back after checking my PayPal account just a while ago. A few days back, I've been pestering them with emails telling them stuff like "I got a family too... It's the Christmas season..." and all that. Perhaps, that's one suggestion I can give. Seems like some here were able to get their funds back too. I am happy for you... To some that haven't, always have faith in this. Rest assure that your funds are definitely safe and will reverse back. Don't stop emailing them. 

Login to Me Too

Fanden
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately i am having the same problem now the thing is im new to paypal and i dont really know what  to do besides on researching that's why i got here. My question is how am i going to Contact them thru email? and did you just email then and didn't call them whatsoever? 

Thanks! WIll be waiting for your reply.

Login to Me Too

katcampos
Contributor
Contributor
Hi @Fanden , you can go through the Paypal app and search for the “Help” > Contact Us. Select which best describes your concern until it asks you to enter your message/query. This becomes an email/ticket which they process. You can also try their contact support thru fb messenger. You can call them but they only have a US hotline. Someone mentioned here they can be reached through skype. Overall, the time when you’ll receive the money back would be roughly 14 business/working days.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.