assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

tikity
New Community Member

I have accounts with several banks and they let me nickname my accounts on their online banking.  This is helpful as I don't always remember the account numbers.  Also, I have two checking accounts at one bank and if they each had a nickname, it would distinguish them so that I don't move money to/from the wrong account.  PayPal should be at the forefront of allowing customization of the user's account, being a technology company.  I am supprised by the lack of features they offer.  Maybe this will change in the future.

Login to Me Too

abqturkey
New Community Member

I am not able to find a way to send a comment directly to PayPal so I will post my suggestion to them here.  It is the same issue as this post.  If you have multiple cc's stored, is hard to tell them apart:

Would you please consider at some point allowing the stored cards to have a "nickname" so that it is easier to distinguish them? (like "work card",' "home card", "I fix pipes Card", "ABC pulming card")

Login to Me Too

hvrobinson
New Community Member

I have multiple credit cards... some of which are new to me... and I would like to add a nickname to the card(s).  Seems to me to be a simple NON-Key field added to the list of credit cards.  I've written things like this many times before.  How about getting on the stick -- or at least making a promised delivery date?

Login to Me Too

acemaker
New Community Member

Is there a way to give accounts "nicknames"?  Instead of seeing the last 4 digits of each account and trying to remember which is which?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Feature is not available currently.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

acemaker
New Community Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Hope you will consider adding this, as it makes things much easier.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I would if I could, and then some.  These are user to user forums.  To leave feedback about the PayPal website: https://secure.opinionlab.com/ccc01/comment_card_d.asp

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

HN4U
New Community Member

I have several accounts and would like to give each one a "Nickname" of sorts to more easily differentiate them.  I have not found a way to do this and would appreciate help/suggestions.  Thanking you in advance!!!

Login to Me Too

ComputerFixer
Contributor
Contributor

I have multiple Visa cards I use for payment methods.  Is there a way to nickname them?

Login to Me Too

speedy808
New Community Member

It seems I used to be able to assign a nickname to my bank accounts. I just added 2 more confirmed accounts and can't find a way to assign a nickname. Did they take this away?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.