assign a nickname for bank accounts and credit cards?

PNWgreen
New Community Member

Hello, 

Is there a way to assign a nickname for different bank accounts and credit cards that are linked to the PayPal account?  

I searched help and forum first, but found no answers.  Thanks much for any help or advice.  

Login to Me Too
259 REPLIES 259

frvray
New Community Member

I want, no, I need this feature to happen or come back. I can't just identify each of my card's purposes by its confusing card numbers. Names are easier. Like "Savings", "Budget", "ATM Card from this stock exchange", etc. I can distinguish them better than just numbers.

Login to Me Too

shazzamm
Come on and add this already! Should be such a simple change!
Login to Me Too

TZiady
Contributor
Contributor

6 years and counting. LOL 😛 

Login to Me Too

rvs007
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if anyone has actually checked their accounts but miraculously you are able to change the description for credit cards!  I was able to add a description for each of my credit cards.  I didn't check if the feature has been added to accounts.  Looks like Paypal has finally gotten off their butts during the pandamic and got to work on adding this feature!

Edit:  To see the option, go to your wallet and click on any of your linked cards.  On the right side right below the card image, you should see the card name followed by an 'edit' icon.  Clicking on that will allow you to change its name. 

Login to Me Too

JHanks64
Contributor
Contributor

I don't have a Rename option on my credit cards.

Login to Me Too

rvs007
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I have in my account now.  Maybe they are rolling it out in phases?

paypal01.JPGpaypal02.JPG

Login to Me Too

HobbesVT
Contributor
Contributor

This feels like Christmas in mid-summer ... after all these years, I didn't think this would ever happen.

It's really there - right in my wallet:

• Edit button after my checking accounts
  • Nickname for my credit cards
    Capture.JPG

Login to Me Too

KingQuake
Contributor
Contributor

We need a way to actually use the NICK NAME feature on the Wallet! Even though you can name each bank account a nick name, when I go to pay someone there is no where that is shown! Instead it shows the last 4 digits of the bank account and bank name which is super unhelpful! I use the nick name for a reason, why can't we show this? This is beyond frustrating as I hve to go into my bank account just to check the last 4 digits before I pay someone now.

Login to Me Too

HobbesVT
Contributor
Contributor
You are right, it works for credit cards, which pull the nick name correctly, but for some reasons not for checking accounts even though we can set a nick name for those. Oversight by programmers?
Login to Me Too

TZiady
Contributor
Contributor

literally the only reason nicknames are useful. LOL 😛 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.