What about a class action law suit to force PP to close our accounts?

AWAKE-notWOKE
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to close my PP account for several days. I get msg that I can not close this account because I have a balance of $2.38 in my account! They instruct me to withdraw the money, but they want my bank account number or  credit card to "transfer" this measly amount of money to account. No thank you! PP WILL NOT be privy to anymore of my financial information. I DO NOT want this money. I didn't even know until 2 days ago that I had any money in account! I see many other people are having this same problem. Our accounts are being held hostage and even though I have deleted my credit card from profile...I know they still have that number in their system which makes me very uneasy. I am contacting my state AG to see what recourse I have. Perhaps we should all consider getting together and filing a class action lawsuit. Are there any attorneys i n the PP community that can share your thoughts on this? My account holds very little money, but others have a lot more, and most importantly, PP has our CC or banking information, and any company that threatens to take money from accounts of customers for posting "misinformation" is a scary company. I have lost all trust in PP and will NEVER use their services again. I would gladly donate this money to FLA hurricane fund if PP would do that and then relinquish their hold on me!

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

ilkwatches
Contributor
Contributor
There are now two reasons to close your PayPal account. The first is their policy to freeze your account for six months at "their" discretion. No other similar business (i.e. Zelle, Google Pay or Apple Pay) has this policy! Second, they just threatened to remove any comments on this forum which they disagreed with! Or, in other words, comments criticizing their service! PayPal does have a way to talk to a "live" representative, but in my experience they are trained to provide answers which make you think they are going to help you. But in fact nothing is ever done! I don't know how such a "poorly" run company ever got to be the fourth largest in America?
Login to Me Too

Itsawokecompany
New Community Member
I have been trying to close my account for days. Their business model is a scam to being with. I am non political. They are very political. I now understand the whole Woke thing. They want to control things for their benefit. I sold all my stock in the company a few years ago when I saw them going after legitimate businesses that used their services but PayPal didn’t like their industries, vote with your money everyone. Make ZERO exceptions.
Login to Me Too

Awal1122

downs13d
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t want to be
Login to Me Too

Closenow
New Community Member

I would be willing to go in on a class action lawsuit! I want that account closed NOW!

Login to Me Too

downs13d
Contributor
Contributor
I am in PayPal no help no one only read text already in place no listen only say over and over same **bleep**
Login to Me Too

MRIWOC
I WOULD GLADLY JOIN YOUR LAWSUIT AGAINST PAYPAL. They are holding $2000 on hold for no valid reason!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.