Paypal not recognizing APO Addresses?

NeroFMX
Contributor
Contributor

So a buyer from a Military base has purchased an item from me through eBay. Now when I go to print the label, the following error shows up... "The "Ship To" address that you provided is not valid. Please verify that you are using an accurate address and click 'Continue'."

Can anyone explain to me why Paypal does not let you ship to APO's?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I can't explain why, but you're right, it won't do it.

Do it through usps.com - you'll still get a small discount.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

I can't explain why, but you're right, it won't do it.

Do it through usps.com - you'll still get a small discount.

Login to Me Too

NeroFMX
Contributor
Contributor

That's ok. It is a 2oz package First Class Mail. The pennies discount is just not worth the hassle then. I'll just pay "full price" in shop.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Put DC on it anyway.

And, just to prevent problems, contact the buyer and let them know that your tracking is good only up to the point where the armed forces get it - after that, the package is untrackable, for security reasons, and that it will take a while to get to him, so he'll have to be patient.

Login to Me Too

NeroFMX
Contributor
Contributor

Ah yes, I remember why I can not print through USPS. Because they do not let you do First Class online through the website, which is pretty stupid if you ask me.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Really - they allow it on endicia - I use it all the time.

Login to Me Too

tw570c
New Community Member

AE = NY

AP = CA

This will not always work but these are where the Mil bases are that forward the shipments on.

Login to Me Too

tw570c
New Community Member

Oh yeah,

Forgot to mention; most APOs have delivery confirmation and tracking available now. There IS an extra charge for confirmation just as any USPS delivery.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.