When do I get my money back on a cancelled payment???

TheThickster
New Community Member

I sent money to someone to buy an autopart, the email address he gave me was wrong. I checked the status of the payment and it said unclaimed and the email address was not registered with paypal. So I cancelled payment to the email address. Its been one day and paypal says my credit card has been credited but I dont see it in my bank account yet. How long does this process usally take? please help!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello TheThickster,

Thanks for dropping by the forums!

Sorry to hear your purchase didn't go through.  😞  

A credit back to a credit card will typically show up on the card within 3 days, however it can take up to a full billing cycle to update. 

Hope this helps,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

geneva9
New Community Member

HI, I had a similar situation though in my case, the seller's email addressed had changed and she requested I sent to a different one. Meanwhile, the payment has drawn from my debit card 3 times...just the once of course was all that was necessary and I am wondering when the 2 canceled payments will be credited back to my account.

thanks,

Geneva

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello geneva9,

Once the payments show as "cancelled" or "refunded", if you had funded them with a credit card, it can take 3 days up to a full billing cycle (30 days) for the credits to show up back on your card. 

Hope this helps!

Lilly  

Login to Me Too

CBD
New Community Member

This slow lag time is unbearable and your customer service claim they cannot help. I will likely suffer many overdraft fees and returned checks because I lost $1,505 for a week to a month because of this. Paypal **bleep**!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.