Unable to accept payment

mike1360
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, someone about 24 hours ago sent me a payment when checking out through Etsy. The payment is showing up in my summary under pending. It says "Your money is waiting - accept decline". When i click accept it tells me i need to get verified but i already am. and it says i am when i click get verified

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Sophieyasmin
New Community Member
I am having the same problem, can someone please help !
Login to Me Too

RaiderDave
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I have the same problem, every time I try to accept the money it says I need to get verified but everytime I click on the get verified button it says I am verified.  It's a bit of a pain, because it looks like the only solution will be to cancel the sale and relist the item and make sure that the buyer (if they still want the item after all this fuss) uses a different method of paying for the item.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi RaiderDave,

I am sorry to hear that. i would like to give you some info regarding your issue. You can claim your payment by adding the email address to which the payment was sent to your PayPal account. If the email address is already on your account, then you need to confirm it to claim the payment.

Here's how to confirm your email address so you can accept the payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Accept payment' under 'Notifications'.
  3. Click 'Confirm Email Addresses' and we'll send you an email.
  4. Click the link in the email, and follow the remaining instructions to confirm your email address.

If the above instructions don't work, here are alternate directions for confirming your email address.

2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' in the Email section.
  4. Select the email address you want to confirm, click 'Confirm' and we'll send you an email.
  5. Click the link in the email to complete the confirmation process.

Note:

• Until you confirm your email address, you can't receive money.
  • You also must confirm your email address before you can make it the primary email address on your account.

Thanks for posting.

Arda

Login to Me Too

karolina44
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I succsfuly added my bank account nr to paypal bul I didn't complete direct debit instructions. I can't accept the money which was sent to me by the buyer I think because of that. what to do now? help pls.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi karolina44,

Welcome to PayPal UK community 🙂

I understand this situation can be annoying. You can claim your payment by adding the email address to which the payment was sent to your PayPal account. If the email address is already on your account, then you need to confirm it to claim the payment.

Here's how to confirm your email address so you can accept the payment:

2. Click 'Accept payment' under 'Notifications'.
  3. Click 'Confirm Email Addresses' and we'll send you an email.
  4. Click the link in the email, and follow the remaining instructions to confirm your email address.

If the above instructions don't work, here are alternate directions for confirming your email address.

2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' in the Email section.
  4. Select the email address you want to confirm, click 'Confirm' and we'll send you an email.
  5. Click the link in the email to complete the confirmation process.

Note:

• Until you confirm your email address, you can't receive money.
  • You also must confirm your email address before you can make it the primary email address on your account.

I hope this info helps. Thanks for posting!

I am here to help if you have further questions.

Arda

Login to Me Too

karolina44
Contributor
Contributor

my email is confirmed but nothing was changed.I still can't accept my money. I dont understand why I didnt have any problems before with reciving payments and now I sold few more items and it was not more problems like this. pls help me with that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There has been a glitch since paypal in their wisdom started the new format so can you try this as i think it may work >>

Go and click on this icon ">" next to your paypal balance in your paypal account summary and click on "manage currencies". Then add or re-add sterling or whatever currency you need to accept and the money should show up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

karolina44
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'v tried with that and I add one more currency but nothing changed. But it doesn't matter which one Im adding? (payment should came in pounds).

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Arda

Hi karolina44,

I am sorry to hear your issue still going on.

I suggest switching email address. First please add and confirm a new email address to your PayPal account and make the new email address primary, then remove your old email address and see if the funds will appear in your PayPal balance. If this workaround doesn’t work please contact me through twitter @AskPayPal or our UK Facebook page.

Here’s how to add an email address to your PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Beside 'Email', click Update.
  4. Click Add
  5. Enter your new email address and click Save.

When you add an email address to your PayPal account, we email you to confirm that you own it. Click the link in the email to confirm it.

After you add and confirm an email address, you can make it the primary email address on your PayPal account.

Here’s how:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Update' beside 'Email.'
  4. Select the email address you want to make primary and click ‘Make Primary.’

Here’s how you remove an email address from your PayPal account:

1. Go to www.paypal/com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Beside 'Email', click Update.
  4. Select the email address you want to remove and click Remove.
  5. Click Remove.

You must have at least one email address on your account. Add a new primary email address to your account before you remove the old email address.

I hope this info will help!

Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.