eCheques being used instead of my confirmed bank account

Colleen1970
Contributor
Contributor

Over the past few weeks I have noticed that any payments I attempt from my confirmed bank account are only available as eCheques. I can pay by my debit card without any problems. During this time I am also now unable to use Payment after delivery option which i have set as the default on my account.

I prefer to use my bank account but now cannot do so as I have already come across the problem of the seller not sending out my goods once the eCheque has cleared without my prompting them.

Does anyone else have this problem and is there a way of sorting it out swiftly?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colleen1970

Have you had a failed bank transfer or negative balance at all recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Colleen1970
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Kernowlass. Yes I have but it's been settled for over a month. It has happened before last year but I have never had this happen before.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Colleen1970

Paypal have never stated that they remove that option if you have had a failed bank transfer or neg balance.

But the number of folks that say yes when i ask that question when they are starting to only get offered echeques more than convinces me.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Cath5r1n5

Hi, this has just happened to me too, completely out of the blue, didn't realize until the seller contacted me to say they couldn't send my item, until payment clears, which won't be for another few days.  I have a zero paypal balance at the moment, but it's linked to my bank account, so funds should transfer automatically. Up until yesterday payments have gone through just fine. I have been back into my account preferences both on eBay and PayPal, I have added my debit card to the account, but also set up the option to pay after delivery.  I have since purchased another item on eBay, and this transaction has gone through normally. Hopefully this has sorted it out, because e-cheques are a right pain.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.