Payment from Ebay Sale

michaeljc
Contributor
Contributor

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for some time now and I without any problems, until now. I have just sold an item on Ebay, but money has not hit my Paypal account yet and it shows payment pending. I don't understand, as I fullfil all the criteria there should be no reason why this should be held. Also had problem recently with transferring moneyt to my bank account, which used to be immeadiate, but the last one is taking 2/3 days. It seems that Paypal is treating me as a new user. Can some one please explain.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

michaeljc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rachael, it's now been resolved. A liitle complicated. I had an account in Euros when living in Ireland, which had the hot email address as the account. When I came back to UK I opened a new Sterling account under with the Gmail account, not realising the Irish one was still open. Anyway, I checked the Euro account and there it was. So, it now has been resolved, but thank you very much for your help.

Rgds

Michael

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@michaeljc

Have you started using another ebay i.d. OR another email address recently?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

michaeljc
Contributor
Contributor

Come to think of it, I tried to sign into ebay with Microsoft Edge, and I had forgot my password so asked for it to be reset and may have used wrong email address. But having said that when I did get into Ebay again, all my details, buying and selling history where still there, so I don't know why this has happened. And the bank transfer I did was before this event, but still treated me as a new user.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi michaeljc,

You definitely might want to double check the email address that's listed on the eBay auction, just to ensure that it's the correct one. Here’s how to find the email address you used in your eBay listing:

1. Go to www.ebay.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Under 'My eBay Summary', in the ‘Sell’ section, click Sold.
  3. Under ‘More Actions’ next to the item you want to be paid for, click Sell Similar.
  4. Under ‘Decide how you’d like to be paid’ near the bottom of the page, find the email address you used in your listing.

To receive your payment, add the email address to your PayPal account. Here's how:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Beside ‘Email’, click Update.
  4. Enter your new email address and click Save.

Hope this helps!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

michaeljc
Contributor
Contributor

You were spot on Sophie.

It was the wrong email address on the Ebay sale. I have corrected it now back to my original address for future sales.

Both email address's now correspond to the right (original) email address

So, I am now wondering if I will recieve payment for this sale.

Thanks for yr help

Rgds

Michael

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi michaeljc,

For us even though the addresses are link outside of PayPal the payments wouldn't come through with the redirect. If you can add the other address to your PayPal account and confirm it the payments should arrive then. 

I hope this helps.

Rachael 

Login to Me Too
Solved

michaeljc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rachael, it's now been resolved. A liitle complicated. I had an account in Euros when living in Ireland, which had the hot email address as the account. When I came back to UK I opened a new Sterling account under with the Gmail account, not realising the Irish one was still open. Anyway, I checked the Euro account and there it was. So, it now has been resolved, but thank you very much for your help.

Rgds

Michael

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Glad to hear that this has been sorted out 🙂

If you have other questions in the future, we'll be happy to help here or you can also contact us Twitter @AskPayPal or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/  

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.