Credit Card needs Confirming even though it's already verified?

valkryz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've set up my Paypal since I wanted to make purchase with an European MMO distributor. After I set up my account with my Mastercard Debit Card, I've made a purchase on their website with an equivalent of 5 Euros as testing. I was able to finish the transaction without any problem.

Afterward, I was notified to confirm my Debit Card because of the limitations on spending, and I did so as told. My status on Paypal had been changed to [Verified] to almost a week now.

However, whenever I tried to make purchase from the same website, I encountered this error:

[SDGI Europe GmbH

Please go to www.paypal.com to confirm your credit card before you complete this purchase.

Return to SDGI Europe GmbH

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to SDGI Europe GmbH and try another option.]

At first I thought my verification just took longer to register on Paypal's system, however it had been a few days and this problem persisted. I had tried to remove my Debit Card and re-register it to no avail. My Debit Card has enough money to make purchases and hasn't come close to the expiry date.

I've looked through the board and seen several topics of people encountering the problem, but none offer a solution. So could anyone help me with this, because it had become frustrating.

Thank you,

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

valkryz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Recently I tried to redo the purchase, with another testing equivalent of 5 Euros. It is noteworthy that I've tried doing this for a few times now, but to no avail. However, it worked an hour ago and the transaction was seen through, but after that I tried another purchase equivalent of 50 Euros and the same error popped up again.

I tried another 5 Euros purchase afterward and the same error had been popping up since.

Please tell me how to fix this?

Regards,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hey Valkryz,

Welcome to the Community!

Can I ask if you have tried to confirm your card on your PayPal account? This can be done through your profile by going to the My Money section. From here, you will then have an option to link and confirm your card. Then that will help you with getting your card confirmed and it should help with the payment that you are trying to send.

If you confirm your card and you still experience the same difficulties, could you try contacting us on Twitter @PayPalUK or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you and try to help with getting the issue resolved.

David.

Login to Me Too

valkryz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello David,

Thank you for the warm welcome and the fast response.

About my Debit card, when the system first notified me of the cancelled purchase due to unverified debit card, I've proceeded to confirmed it and the Status on My Account had been changed to Verified. However, after few days of the aforementioned error persisting, I've tried to unlink and then relink my card. The Status stills stayed as verified as off now.

I'd like to state that after I unlinked my card, I tried to pay with Paypal without logging in my account, however the system errored as purchase cannot be done with this card, even though the balance in my debit card is positive and the card isn't anywhere close to its expiry date.

After I relinked my card, a day later I tried to make purchase again, and it worked the first time (with a transaction equivalent of 5 euros), however, none transaction after worked. They all persisted with the same error (unconfirmed card).

I'd love if you can shed some light on this problem. I've seen several threads of people encountering same problems but none of them had succeeded in solving it.

Thank you,

Regards,

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi valkryz,

We can offer general advice on the community forum however please bare in mind we cannot see your account details so cannot look into your account specifically. 

I would suggest contacting us on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal if you are still experiencing issues. 

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.