New PayPal Interface: Where have My Selling Preferences gone?

2003steve
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yesterday when I logged in to PayPal I saw that the user interface had changed to the new look, when I went to 'profile' by clicking on the cog on the top right I could not find 'My Selling Prefernces' like I use to see. I have 2 buttons that I set up some months ago to sell my bands CDs. How do I access them now to update them?

I have written to PayPal but so far I have only receievd the automated replying giving instructions of where 'My Selling Preferences' were under the old interface!

I have a premier account.

Thanks

Steve

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

selling tools are under mercant services

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

2003steve
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

When I login on the summary page on the left there is a section called 'Selling Tools' but all it has is create a invoice, multi order postage, View running balance, Upgrade to business account - no access to my exsisting buttons. If I click on the 'Selling Tools' heading it just takes me to a page advertsing PayPal Business accounts and to call them to setup one! No selling tools.

Thanks

Steve

Login to Me Too

ChrisG_UK
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday my account switched to the new format. I have searched absolutely everywhere but many things seem to be missing. I can't find my selling preferences or my IPN History. Luckily the account still works and I am still able to sell. But where are all the settings? Are they gone forever? Is this a bug? What's happening?

Login to Me Too

RodNeep
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem.

All of the selling options, preferences and button creation have now gone.

I therefore cannot add new products to my web site.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi ChrisG_UK & RodNeep,

I hope you don't mind but I've moved your posts to this thread.

I noticed your queries have been answered by another member here, you see.

Thanks 2003steve for keeping us updated!

Conor 

Login to Me Too

2003steve
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have just receievd a reply from PayPal, they acknowledge that currently it is not possible for premier accounts to access previously created buttons via the new interface (only business account holders currently have this facility). They suggest for now I use the classic interface to access 'My Selling Preferences' which does seem to work. When changing to the classic interface, clicking on the 'profile cog' on the menu bar takes you to the old profile with the old style 'My Selling Preferences' where the buttons are accessable.

They suggested I leave feedback about this through the feedback tab on the new interface as this goes to the developers, which I have done. I do think it is a bit lax that have not warned us premier account holders about this and other possible issues with the new interface.

Steve

Login to Me Too

wildhorse5678
Contributor
Contributor

I have had exactly the same issues.  I still tryingh to find the page to create more BUY IT now buttons.  It seems these guys dont want our business anymore.   Does anyone know of an alternative service to Paypal that does the same sort of thing as Im fed up with wasting hours on this new interface

Login to Me Too

gonewest
Contributor
Contributor

I tried changing to classic interface and it doesn't work. Developers should be checking their changes before they rush to stick it all live online.....too much desperation to get a new pretty picture up and running before all the creases have been ironed out. One suspects premier account holders are being psychologically manouevered into upgrading, for some reason best known to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

gonewest
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed, I am having similar problems. I've had a  premier account for 12 years and have always had access to the BuyNow buttons coding. Now, logging in, I find this ghastly user interface, with no access whatsover to my Selling Preferences or Merchants tools.

I've had one response from Paypal so far, as follows: (I'll leave out the person's name):

"...I have reviewed your query and can advise that the Buttons are available on a Business Account, this means that the best option is to upgrade to a Business Account. This will still have any previous buttons you created saved for your update and also allow you to create new buttons.

You can upgrade your account in just a few clicks! All we need is a few extra details to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations.

Simply follow the steps below:

blah blah blah......."

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong, Paypal, but why the heck should I UPGRADE to a business account when I (and 2003Steve) ALREADY have a premier one that gives (or always has given) access to BuyNow button-code creation?

Something funny going on here. Sorry to hijack your thread, not intended, but only to support your query.

If Paypal has removed access to creating these buttons under the Premier account, then they have changed our terms and conditions, effectively......and I suggest they get on and answer this question pronto because I am personally gettting very annoyed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.