Can I disable and enable international shipping with a basic button?

zandergrin
New Community Member

HI,

I'm using a simple buy now button. I can't see anything anywhere about international orders? Can I enable them and disable them? If I don't have the option are they enabled or disabled by default?

I have set up fixed postage charges, but obviously if someone orders on the other side of the worked it would cost way more, so if possible I'd like to disable international orders by default.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

purplefairy
New Community Member

Hi

I have just included Paypal checkout on my website and am wondering whether it is possible to add international postage for when someone from outside the UK purchases from my site.  Is there anyway to add additional postage costs depending on what country the person is buying from?

Many thanks for your help

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi purplefairy,

I hope you don't mind but I have moved your post here as a similar post has already been answered. I think you will find it usefull.

Thanks

Paula

Login to Me Too

Tre4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - I have a similar problem here. I can see where you are able to set different rates for domestic postal charges but where do you set the charge for international postage?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hi, you can customise postage costs you charge buyers who make purchases on your website.
Here's how to calculate postage costs for purchases made on your website:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.
  3. Click 'Postage Calculations' under 'Selling Preferences.'
  4. Customise your postage costs, and then click 'Save.'

The HTML code in your shopping cart buttons under the 'Shipping' section overrides the postage methods in your profile. To offer free or discounted postage, for example, select 'Use specific amount,' and enter 0.00 as the amount.

You can customise postage costs you charge buyers who make purchases on your website.

The HTML code in your shopping cart buttons under the 'Shipping' section overrides the postage methods in your profile. To offer free or discounted postage, for example, select 'Use specific amount,' and enter 0.00 as the amount. Hope that helps

Login to Me Too

FT2011
Contributor
Contributor

HI,

no one has answered this questions yet.

we need to know how to offer a postage cost for domestic orders, and another costs for international orders.

I cannot work out how to do this, I can only seem to offer a flat rate.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hello, if the post above you did not help, then you can customise the postage costs that you charge buyers who make purchases on your website.

The HTML code in your shopping cart buttons under the 'Shipping' section overrides the postage methods in your profile. To offer free or discounted postage, for example, select 'Use specific amount,' and enter 0.00 as the amount. Good Luck.

Login to Me Too

ThinkingBooks
New Community Member

I am also looking how to Charge UK customers one rate and Southern Ireland / European customers another Rate.  Is it possible to set multiple Postage rates depending on the customer's own location.

i.e. Charge UK £1.85 and Ireland £3.50 postage etc. for the same item.

Is it possible to do this?

I already know that I can change the postal rates using 'postage calculations' but that does not allow for my customers being in different locations.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, in this case, I think you will just have to make it really clear on your site what the postage costs are for each country or region. Then add this to the final cost. Hope that helps, but if anyone else has any suggestions please do leave them here.

Login to Me Too

sticks
New Community Member

Hi Paypal Team,

Do you think Paypal is able to add an enhacement where you can simply decide which countries you will accept a payment from? i.e a dropdown menu.

I see this as a very populate question,

Cheers

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.