Developer headache: Need Multiple shipping options

DigeratiBarbara
New Community Member

Hi All,

This seems like a popular complaint, so I don't feel too badly for having to ask! 

I have a typical online sales page with multiple items in various sizes, colors, and shipping costs (according to quantity). The shipping costs for each of the items is not uniform, so i can't use my Profile's shipping table calculations as a global shipping cost set; and anyway paypal defaults to the "override" mode for the U.S., making it possible to set shipping costs for each item, per transaction. I've also utilized the Advanced Variables code injection box at the bottom of the Button Creation page, so that "additional items" have a different increment of shipping costs if a buyers chooses more than one item. I.e., shipping2=1.00

OK - With all this, I still need INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING for each of these sale items. But if I use the global Profile Shipping Table Calculation set, I can't override each transaction; and if I retain the override feature, I can't activate international shipping.

I've hunted for a code hack workaround, or a form variable that Paypal might have provided, but don't find one.

Anyone have a solution? I can inelegantly make a button that has whatever the flat rate overseas shipping cost is, but it makes it a bit confusing for the purchaser to wade through all the options; and it doesn't show up as official "shipping charge," it's just a flat rate included in the cost of the item with a lot of words trying to explain what the extra charges are.

Thanks to any and all. I have enough moxie to figure SOME of this out, but not the coding expertise to create a workaround or decent hook. Not even sure if the form codex would allow it.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi DigeratiBarbara,

Welcome to our Community!

I would suggest request assistance from our Developers team  you can contact them directly through the Technical Support website here https://www.paypal-techsupport.com/ . You will also find Comminity links on this site.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.