Purchased postage twice in error (different from other examples shown)

peter230543
Contributor
Contributor

Stupidly, I have made a hash of purchasing and printing a postage label for an item I have sold on Ebay.  I wanted a Packing list too and instead of printing off the label first on the Print Label Now page, I went straight to the “Print packing list” option on the left hand side of the same page.  Oops!!   When I tried to go back to print the label this option had now disappeared.  I then had to start again and have ended up paying for postage again.  I eventually managed to print a postage label and then discovered that I could void a label. 

My error has been compounded because I don’t know which of the two postage labels is unused and which one I printed, as there is no transaction number or tracking number on the label I fixed to the package.  When I handed the package over at the post office I was told that their barcode reader couldn’t tell me what number was on the QR code.  Should I therefore try and claim back both postage charges and see which one is allowed by Royal Mail – or what other solution is there?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi peter230543,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

You can cancel your postage label if you haven’t used it, and it hasn’t been more than 7 working days since you created the label. What I would recommend us trying this for both labels as it will only work for the one that hasn't been used.

Here’s how to cancel your postage label:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Locate the payment in your Activity.
  3. Select the payment to open the Transactions Details page.
  4. Near the bottom of the page, click Delete Label.
  5. Enter the required information.
  6. Click Cancel Label and Request Refund.

When you request a refund from Royal Mail, it will take about 15 days for your money to be returned to you.

After you click Cancel Label and Request Refund, Royal Mail will receive your request. Any refund due is determined by Royal Mail. If you purchased extra compensation with the postage label, we’ll refund the compensation amount to your PayPal account balance along with the refunded amount.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi peter230543,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

You can cancel your postage label if you haven’t used it, and it hasn’t been more than 7 working days since you created the label. What I would recommend us trying this for both labels as it will only work for the one that hasn't been used.

Here’s how to cancel your postage label:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Locate the payment in your Activity.
  3. Select the payment to open the Transactions Details page.
  4. Near the bottom of the page, click Delete Label.
  5. Enter the required information.
  6. Click Cancel Label and Request Refund.

When you request a refund from Royal Mail, it will take about 15 days for your money to be returned to you.

After you click Cancel Label and Request Refund, Royal Mail will receive your request. Any refund due is determined by Royal Mail. If you purchased extra compensation with the postage label, we’ll refund the compensation amount to your PayPal account balance along with the refunded amount.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

peter230543
Contributor
Contributor

Rachel

Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I have claimed back the postage as suggested.

Peter

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.