Paypal fees

Nicola
Contributor
Contributor
I can't find where to check Paypal's fees and couldn't open the 'help' page I haven't sold on Ebay for a long time and didn't remember money being taken by Paypal at source from the total. Is that usual?
Login to Me Too
36 REPLIES 36

Elsie6874
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thank you for your reply.  I did put it will be wrote somewhere that there are fees but maybe they are not clear or large enough. Also my statement doesn't show how much money has been taken (I worked it out myself) or why, I nearly phoned up to query it,  as I had looked around my account site but was unable to find an answer.  

I tried the forum as a quick last resort where I read other peoples replys as well as PayPal team comments.  From the information I gained I looked again at history etc but still could not find where or why the money was taken, eg a transaction it just showed a new balance in a box with the original selling price listed on the main bit. 

There does not seem to be a clear pricing structure for new ebay -paypal sellers (and ebay said I had to use paypal but they have seperate fees!). I stupidly thought the paying was for money transfers (that I understood there is a fee). Ebays are (to be fair) very clear and give a running total how much it will be to sell the item.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey again Elsie6874,

You can view the full list of PayPal fees on your account. Simply go to your PayPal account and click on ‘Fees’ at the bottom of the page. If you wish to view a breakdown of the PayPal fee charged for your transaction please follow the below instructions;

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘History’ near the top of the page.
  3. Find the transaction you want to look at and click ‘Details.’

Hope this clears things upSmiley Happy

Login to Me Too

Snuggtopz
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the link suggested by ADMIN-AdrianO and the fees link at the bottom of the page

shows the same gibberish as all the other paypal confusion surrounding their fees.

Smoke and mirrors to hide the real fees, It is not clear at all no matter what you are telling us.

I work out a uk to uk transaction to be around 6.8 %  ?

Rich

Login to Me Too

Snuggtopz
Contributor
Contributor

I have read the replies here and I still cannot get a firm answer to the fees when selling on feebay.

on all the links it is deliberately vauge to confuse people, you could be on a fee of between 1.4% to 3.4% ok so which one is it ?? I bet it isnt the 1.4%

then you get currency charges through the use of a retail currency rate, a currency fee and cross border charges and a transaction fee.. ????? WTF PAYPAL !!

This is designed to be confusing so you don't know what on earth you are being charged, pretty close to fraudulent i'd say..

Login to Me Too

stuffystuff
Contributor
Contributor

I have always been mystified at the PayPal fees I find the explanation given by them as clear as mud!!!! At least I now have a better idea of how much I am being fleeced by them!  

Login to Me Too

ibuylotsathings
Contributor
Contributor

HI

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for a number of years now, I was just wondering, Why does ebay charge 10% for each item sold? where is the justification.

By the time I have paid listing fees, sellers fees and paypal fees, this equates to almost 15% of the total amount.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that it 'costs' Ebay this amount just to post an item?

I think I will start using amazon from now on, at least their fees are more transparent and cheaper!!!

Login to Me Too

Venco_80
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, we understood that PAYPAL charge us a fees for receiving money! Can we get montly invoces for those fees or the corporation hide profits???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.