How can I get a refund?

cathy67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

A few weeks ago I sold a kids sports bag, the buyer was from Eire. I used paypal to print postage label out and used the address given to me by the buyer.

My problem is, the package was returned to me today because the address was not known or was undeliverable.

How do I get the postage refunded so I can resend the item? I paid £4.18 for the postage and there is no way I'm losing out for something that wasn't my fault.

Cathy

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You cant get it refunded. All you can do is ask the buyer to pay again. You should know that if the buyer opens an item not received dispute they'll get a refund of their initial payment, including shipping. It's not fair, but that's how it is. If your buyer doesnt pay repeat shipping, it'd be better for you, and your account to refund them without it going to dispute Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

cathy67
Contributor
Contributor

I hope you're wrong, because otherwise its scandalous.

I AND the buyer have already paid £4.18 in postage to paypal/royal mail. why should either have to pay again? This means royal mail have had £4.18 off me and not kept their end of the bargain by delivering the thing.

The place it was supposed to be sent to can be found on google maps with the info supplied, I'm dan sure royal mail could have found the thing....its a rural part of Eire with very very few streets if you get my drift?

Login to Me Too

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm not wrong, I wished I was for your sake, but I'm not. It'll not  be royal mail who couldnt deliver it, it'll be an post, they handle the mail in Ireland Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.