syntagma pte Ltd.

gauthier_connie
New Community Member

I see a automatic payment for syntagma pte Ltd and I think it may be a scam or fraud

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Temp20230423 and everyone, 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! We did a quick search across our forum and decided to merge a few conversations together. I hope the information here and in my post above helps. 

Cheers!

- Jon K 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

TxGuy88
Contributor
Contributor

I've never used PayPal community before, but.im having trouble

trying to figure out what this new deal is on my bills page.

The company name is Syntagma and I have never even heard of them,

but when I looked them up this scams deal popped up and eventually led

me here. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions on what I should do? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TxGuy88

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unrecognized activity on your account. If there was a completed transaction on your account, I'd recommend reporting it as an Unauthorized Transaction through our Resolution Center. If it was just an authorization, you may need to wait for it to complete before you can open a dispute on it. 

If it's under your Bills page. you can click on the name of the merchant and then click "Remove this Bill" at the bottom of their payment profile. 

If it's a Subscription or Billing Agreement, you can find more about updating them here: What is an automatic payment and how do I update or cancel one?

You're also welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams for more assistance. 

I hope that helps, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

cel212
New Community Member
If so many reported syntagma as fraud why don’t you refund PayPal users and block the service provider to protect others
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cel212 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give some buyer and some seller protection. However that protection can never be a 100% coverall so you need to read it so you can risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hihihi11

me tooo, I already unsubscribed that astrology website, but they still send me email, it's so annoying. and just now i check my billing, suddenly they charged me every month 3.61 dollar automaticaly, total 7.22$ for 2 months. When I asked paypal to at least cancel my last payment, the said they couldn't do it. I just removed my cc from paypal and cancel the Subscription. I think I will delete my paypal account for this problem. Paypal please fix your problem, at least informed me first if there is any Subscription payment, u can contact the customer through their number or email.

Login to Me Too

Zandi03
In regard to the syntagma inquiries. It's from your free trial with astral Coach. Go there and cancel ur subscription as well. Hope this helps everyone with this question i to had until i googled it and scrolled.
Login to Me Too

AdriRami
New Community Member
has anyone been able to succeed in receiving a refund from astral coach /syntagma pte ltd?
I just noticed they have been charging me $9.90 for the past year 😓
They website says you must request the refund from the transaction site. But PayPal denied my refund claim so I don’t rly know where to go from here
Login to Me Too

PixySix
Contributor
Contributor
How do we handle this? I have apparently been paying this "company" for several months. I never authorized it. When I Googled it it was a job recruiting company. I have been bedbound and housebound for 10 years, I can't work. This would never be of interest to me Being without an income due to my disability I can't afford to flush money off to some scammer What so I do?
Login to Me Too

Missi4
Contributor
Contributor
I have no idea what this is for, I have tried many times to do a search and come up with nothing!! Anyone know what this is from???
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.