buyer makes false statements and got the money back.

tebo2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, everyone.
A buyer did not pick up the goods at the post office counter and has now told PayPal that he has not received the goods. PayPal has now given him right, even though the goods have been sent correctly. Since I sent from Switzerland to Spain, customs duties were incurred, which apparently he didn't like. Then he claimed that it would be too expensive for him because the device was defective. But it was sold as defective. What can I do?

The sale was on ebay but he complained to paypal. How can I dispute this if I don't have a transaction number with PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tebo2 

If you are an eBay Managed Payment (MP) Seller, you no longer get paid directly at PayPal when buyer pays with PayPal so no PayPal transaction for you, the PayPal transaction is with eBay.

When a buyer decides to open a complaint at PayPal, their credit card or bank instead of eBay, it’s called a “Payment Dispute”, basically similar to a credit card chargeback.

You can challenge or accept liability for the Payment Dispute at eBay.

If you challenge the dispute, you provide eBay the evidence. If you have the right kind of evidence, eBay will give you seller protection.

You’ll have to contact eBay to appeal. Try “eBay For Business” at Facebook.

If the package is still at the post office uncollected, just hope it gets returned to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tebo2 

If you are an eBay Managed Payment (MP) Seller, you no longer get paid directly at PayPal when buyer pays with PayPal so no PayPal transaction for you, the PayPal transaction is with eBay.

When a buyer decides to open a complaint at PayPal, their credit card or bank instead of eBay, it’s called a “Payment Dispute”, basically similar to a credit card chargeback.

You can challenge or accept liability for the Payment Dispute at eBay.

If you challenge the dispute, you provide eBay the evidence. If you have the right kind of evidence, eBay will give you seller protection.

You’ll have to contact eBay to appeal. Try “eBay For Business” at Facebook.

If the package is still at the post office uncollected, just hope it gets returned to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tebo2
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

After another hour at the phone, ebay reimbursed the processing fee for the complaint.

But in the end, ebay can`t force the buyer to pick up the goods although there is a sales contract.

I have to contact the buyer now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.