Your account access is permanently limited

Baryar
New Community Member

After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal.
paypal.png

Please any one tell me about this?

Now what i Do?

I have already submit necessary documents and information.

Login to Me Too
234 REPLIES 234

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230923 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ASLTX
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same thing happened to me. I used Paypal for years with zero issues. They will not provide a reason why I was banned and its left me completely dumbfounded. I dont understand how it's legal for them to deny service without giving some kind of justification. Anyone know of lawsuits being raised for this?
Login to Me Too

tidho
Contributor
Contributor

yep it's baffling.  Permanant ban, no specific reason provided.  nothing sketchy about how i was using the account.  customer service completely unable/unwilling to provide context.

Login to Me Too

duns123
Contributor
Contributor

Same here there's no fairness with PayPal at all.

Login to Me Too

Kirby-Perez

I recently created my account for international banking, and as much I provided documents to identify myself, I get permanently limited, and there's not way to fix it on the app, ¿what's the point of asking for documents if you wouldn't accept it?.

Login to Me Too

Bisazc
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly Asking for personal identity, then banning you anyway Everyone heed the warning If the ask don’t provide because they will permanently freeze your account anyway and hold your funds for 6 months
Login to Me Too

raeham
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue and I just opened up a credit line with them and now I'm not even able to use at all nor can I close my account because I have a credit line opened with them
Login to Me Too

RandomNobody
Contributor
Contributor

How did you learn your account was limited?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @RandomNobody

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear you're worried you may have a limitation; I'll be happy to guide you through the places to check. Typically, the easiest way to determine if you have a limitation is to check your account's Notification Bell or your personal email. If you're limited, you should find notifications there. I also suggest checking your Customer Identification Portal and Resolution Center. If you don't see any notifications in any of these places, your account is most likely in good standing. 

If you do find that you're limited, you learn how to lift a limitation and provide documentation for verifying your identity within our Help Center. Regrettably, if you discover that your account has been permanently limited, it is unlikely that the limitation can be lifted. However, you are welcome to ask for a second opinion by reaching out to Customer Support

I hope this information helps you determine if the account is limited or not! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

yautori
Yeah, PayPal support is worst support I have ever seen, no actual “help” or anything, agents not available during work hours etc.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.