Wrong Type of Payment

glimpsegonie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I send payment to my brother intended for family but when I reach the payment type window it was only "For goods and services" an option to select.  Without any choice i have selected it and the payment was sent after adding the destination email address into my brother's paypal account.  When my brother claims the payment he was required to provide proofs of service as merchant obviously he had nothing to provide as the transaction was not done for business. After choosing several options shown in order to proceed the process and finally a notice came out saying that his account was dropped to limited status and the money was on hold for 180 days.  We both appealed to paypal message center justified our sides as that money is urgently needed in fact our lastname also can tell that we are family. If paypal cannot release it to my brother at least they must return it to me immediately as I have requested them to do so.  A help is very much appreciated to get it done asap.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@glimpsegonie 

If your brother has a business account the same as you then the option to receive friends/family payments is not available. Its also not available in a lot of countries.

As you sent it via goods/services then open a dispute for non receipt of item and as your brother has nothing to send you then you should get a refund once escalated to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@glimpsegonie 

If your brother has a business account the same as you then the option to receive friends/family payments is not available. Its also not available in a lot of countries.

As you sent it via goods/services then open a dispute for non receipt of item and as your brother has nothing to send you then you should get a refund once escalated to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.