Will PayPal Sides with Merchant Despite Overwhelming Evidence in My Favor

HassnaeAZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to share my recent encounter with an online transaction that unfortunately turned out to be a Fraud and Phishing scheme. 

The Situation:
Recently, I bought a service from an online business and it was an absolute mess , I waited for almost 11 days for the product but unfortunately the merchant kept saying unreasonable excuses to me or ignoring most of my messages , so I asked PayPal for a refund; keep in mind this transaction was made with a professional email address (domain.com) , PayPal indeed gave me my money back , I was really in need of the service so after days the merchant reached out to me and told me that the service is ready so I agreed to get it from him again , but the weird thing is that he gave me a different email than the previous one and it wasn't a professional one it was a normal Gmail Address. I'm hesitant to pay since a friend of mine told me that PayPal doesn't provide a refund for business accounts with non professional email addresses.
I really need everyone's Advice in this matter .

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.