Unauthorized payment and my claim was denied

zlatank

So, a few hours ago I received an E-Mail from PayPal "Receipt for your Payment to ITALIA TRASPORTO AEREO SPA" where $150 were subtracted from my account. At first, I thought it was a fake E-Mail, but wanted to be on the safe side, so I checked. To my surprise it turned out that it wasn't fake. A payment had been made without my approval. Which I found odd, because I always needed some kind of authentication before I could make a payment. This time I only received the receipt.

So, I filed claim for an unauthorized payment, which was in a matter of minutes denied by PayPal stating "Thank you for reporting this case. After our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by PayPal Purchase Protection."

Is there anything I can do now? I can't seem to find any appeal button or something similar. And in the country I live in, $150 is really a major financial blow. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @zlatank 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community and thanks for posting here!

Sorry to hear about the unauthorized transaction in your account. If there was an existing subscription towards the merchant in your account, the payment would have been processed automatically. I suggest you to check the subscriptions/automatic payments in your account. If you find the subscription, you can cancel and request the refund from the merchant. You can find the information about the subscriptions set up in your account here: What is an automatic payment and how do I update or cancel one? 

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.