Unauthorised Automatic Payment from Mobapps Ltd

Me0103

I am seeing multiple people recently stating the same issue. I have. Reoccurring bill from VPN mobapps limited but when you email them it goes to fashion gurus. The only fashion app I had was Lumi. Which shows up on apple pay as $0.00 charges. I also emailed them to cancel my subscription. While back. I’ve emailed both Lumi and fashion did not respond. I believe this could be a scam as I also recently noticed last month my password for my Apple ID was chAnged which I don’t remember doing

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

Kjjens1
Contributor
Contributor
I too had this problem but PayPal denied my dispute! Now what?
Login to Me Too

dazipgopop31
Contributor
Contributor

They got me twice for $39.99. No clue what it is.

Login to Me Too

dazipgopop31
Contributor
Contributor

Found the following info online...

"If you see any ads for "Tailored" on Instagram/Pinterest, it is a complete scam. They advertise themselves as a styling service for different plus size body types. The website throws you into a "style" quiz; when the quiz is over, it'll ask for a .99 charge for your styling profile. They'll also ask you to add in extra style profiles for 2 or 3 dollars each. Once you put your email in, they'll take you to a page to download their app, or continue to the desktop website. The desktop website is a dead end, because when you confirm your email, they actually don't create your account (even after being charged), you're put on a waiting list. The app page is filled with one page reviews saying they were charged an extra 30 dollars.

Their TOS/refund pages also basically state "well you approved the extra charges when you signed up" so it seems like if you sink the money in, it's gone. I thankfully paid through Paypal and can cancel automatic payments. Beware!

EDIT: The name on the app store is "Lumi: fashion tips & stylists"

Login to Me Too

bridgetisboho
New Community Member

Yes me too ! All I did was to agree to 99 cents !

Login to Me Too

Memimee
Contributor
Contributor

I don't even remember paying the $.99!

Got my money back. Phew..

This company should be flagged and investigated by PayPal or IG.

Login to Me Too

Bonnie321

I have also canceled payments to this company. I see a payment coming out of my account on the 28th of August for .45. I know it's not much but it adds up. I do not see it on my paypal account but it is listed on my bank account as a paypal charge to a company Lumi, also MOBAPPS which I believe is a fraudulent company. Have tried to contact them but their email is bogus.

Login to Me Too

Pip-MMmm
Contributor
Contributor

Unauthorised transaction

Login to Me Too

winker12
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted everyone I could think of and finally got a refund from the scammers by contacting them at lumiplace. 

When PayPal did not honor the refund they offered, I appealed to PayPal since so many people are scammed by whoever this really is. PayPal then extended a refund after I got Lumi (or VPN Mobapps) to agree to refund me in writing. 

Not sure what email people have tried but I hope this helps. Very infuriating. 

PayPal does not allow me to put the email so trying to work around that by spelling it out above. Off course it goes to [removed].

Login to Me Too

Kwatkins1
New Community Member
I have been charged several times without authorization by this group and Style my life which apparently are one and the same.
Login to Me Too

Paulapink
Contributor
Contributor

I discovered my Paypal account has been paying for some unknown persons Spotify subscription since April this year.  Checked with family to make sure this was not someone in the families account.  It was not, tried to query it with PayPal, YEAH,  contacted Spotify  within a few hours they had tacked down the account, shut it down, removed my payment details and organised refunds for all 7 months.  In the last few days since Spotify acted I have been notified by PayPal of my new device logging into my account  and being "remembered" about 10 times, each time I remove the device, have changed my password 4 times, security questions twice, added extra verification steps but still this new device seems to keep logging in. I suspect it is an angry Spotify customer trying to get his subscription back.  Can't get through to anyone at PayPal to discuss this, how was this able to happen in the first place

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.