Unacceptable Delays and Frustration: Urgent Action Needed

Badar_ks
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community,

I hope this message reaches you in good health. I am writing with a sense of urgency regarding a dispute I filed on January 10th, initially for an unauthorized transaction and later updated to "item not received" after the first dispute was denied.

Despite PayPal's commitment to providing a resolution by January 21st, the closing date has been repeatedly extended - first to the 25th, then to February 2nd, and now to February 7th. This ongoing delay is causing significant distress.

The seller in question has not responded to the case and has failed to provide any information in their defense. Multiple cases against this seller have been reported on the PayPal community page, suggesting a concerning pattern of fraudulent activity.

I am reaching out to the community for guidance on how to escalate this issue within the PayPal system. I believe that prompt attention to this matter is crucial, considering the clear history of fraudulent behavior associated with this seller.

I appreciate your time and consideration in addressing this matter. Your support is instrumental in upholding the trust and integrity of the PayPal platform.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Badar_ks 

https://www.paypal.com/kw/cshelp/article/how-long-does-it-take-to-resolve-a-dispute-or-claim-HELP257

The time it takes us to decide the outcome can vary. It depends on how quickly both parties respond to our enquiries and whether or not we need more information.

We usually reach a decision within 14 days, but some cases can take 30 days or longer.

Keep an eye on your emails and your Resolution Center for updates from us, or requests for more information.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Badar_ks
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding, although my concern is, why is PayPal continuously postponing the declaration dates. In one of the cases they clearly mentioned that if the seller doesn't respond by the 25th of January. I would get the full amount back as refund. Similarly, in an other case if I failed to provide any information before the 15th of January. I would lose my money. We are giving complete information required on time as asked. So, why is Paypal not fulfilling what it promised it's customers. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Badar_ks 

Busy I guess?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kinderkoplin
Contributor
Contributor
Busy I guess? That's hardly a logical or irrational answer nor is a professional, and I take it as someone sarcastic and condescending. I'm going through a similar situation. Maybe if not I would have empathy for individual. If you have any empathy at all you can feel the frustration, betrayal of trust and even sadness. ALL OF US ARE BUSY. I suppose you must be blessed with an expendable income but in case you don't watch the news many people in the country are seriously struggling right now. So for someone to take your money not deliver the goods and not give you your money back and on top of that have never respect to reply to you, it's violating. Now we are shopping with PayPal because we believe in the customer service that they claim to provide. Even going so far as to say they guarantee. It's very simple The buyer and the seller had an agreement. The seller did not live up to their end of the agreement, therefore they are not entitled to the funds. They should be returned to the seller and the most efficient way possible. And the buyer should definitely have some type of formal warning if not termination of the ability to use PayPal as a service.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kinderkoplin 

I gave a full answer in my first post.

Without the gift of telepathy I have no idea why any decision is delayed but ''busy'' is certainly one of them. Not sure how I am supposed to actually know the reason?

And why would I give a professional answer? I save that for my workplace which is certainly not here.

But if you have a better answer then please feel free to post it, I shall await your update on a reason that is better than mine.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.