The fund on my account was taken by paypal w/o my authorization.

Temp20230924v
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!! I would like to ask why PAYPAL TOOK THE BALANCE OF MY ACCOUNT?!!! My account was permanently limited and can withdraw the funds after 180 days.and the 180 days will be on nov. 2nd. Then when I checked my account as of today my balance was transfered by paypal to paypal themselves, stating loss and recovery?!! How did that happen??!! This is really not right!! You took my funds on my account with out my permission. SHOULD I REPORT THIS TO BBB?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230924v 

States they can for violations of paypals acceptable use policy which is legally agreed in every country where paypal operates.

Read it here........

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230924v
Contributor
Contributor
SO ITS UP TO THEM IF THEY WANT TO TAKE THE FUNDS ON YOUR ACCOUNT W/o ANY NOTICE?! 1 more thing I havent done anything wrong that is agaist the paypal agreement!!! PAYPAL DIDNT EVEN EXPLAIN WHY THEY TOOK MY FUNDS. THIS IS A FORM OF STEALING! I WONDER HOW MANY ACCOUNTS THAT HAS FUNDS THEY ARE GETTING EVERYDAY!! THIS IS OUT OF THE LINE!
Login to Me Too

RetGood
Contributor
Contributor

It is happening to me right now. That is why I am in the forum. They will not release my money they say because there was suspicious activity in my account. That is false. They just want me to submit a bank statement. That is a violation of an individual's privacy right. I am certain it is against the law for them to withhold your money based on a false claim of suspicious activity just to get your bank statement. If there was suspicious activity it wasn't due to anything I did. I barely use Paypal. I would say Paypal's activity is suspicious.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230924v
Contributor
Contributor
Nothing is stated that they will steal the funds out of the account.
Login to Me Too

RetGood
Contributor
Contributor

There was no violation of use of my Paypal account by me. I barely used it. They are demanding my bank statement. That is a violation of my privacy right. This is stupid to think I violated something with Paypal. They truly are thieves.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RetGood 

Sounds from your other post as if you were limited for not supplying requested information.

Paypal can demand to view your bank statement, try reading Paypals user agreement that you agreed to when you opened your paypal account.

As you have a business account then read the link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/why-is-paypal-requesting-information-about-my-business-help....

Of course you have the right to refuse to let them see it and equally they then have the right to limit your account and not offer you the services of their site.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RetGood
Contributor
Contributor

No, they do not have the right to do anything of the sort. They cannot withhold money to get a bank statement. You must not be from the United States. They cannot demand private information in order to for a person to get their money back. You are so ate up and wrong and a ridiculous person.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RetGood 

Paypal is a U.S company so I am pretty sure they have a couple of lawyers that check these things out first?

Whereas you couldn't even tell a paypal moderator from a normal user on a forum !!

Do you honestly think Paypal doesn't have a zillion lawyers that check all these things out before requesting that information?

The link I posted above clearly states that they can request that information from business account owners.

Or do you think they need you to point out what they can and can't do?

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/home

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.