Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

GeeCee3
Contributor
Contributor

They really should!

Login to Me Too

christina30694
Contributor
Contributor

They are a scammer indeed! Unfortunately i bought 2 bags from them and even though it said i had 30 days to return the items for any reason, they never let me even though i requested that from the second day i received the item! they do false advertising and their customer service is the worst! don't ever buy from them!

Login to Me Too

GeeCee3
Contributor
Contributor

At least you received your order, I haven't even received mine but they have taken payment and are not replying to my emails requesting a refund!!

Login to Me Too

Sportsfire27
Contributor
Contributor
I have just seen this complaint about City Odyssey as I have ordered an anti-theft bag recently. They never replied to any inquiry as it took nearly a month before my item has been delivered and to my dismay, the bag is absolutely different from the photo they have shown in their website. I have been emailing them to refund my money but no one replied to my emails. I am totally gutted!! How can I get a refund??
Login to Me Too

Davedarave
Contributor
Contributor
I escalated it to PayPal even though they had already paid out and finally got a refund. Maybe it had something to do with me making an online case to the Hong Kong police dept cyber crime division. They are based in Hong Kong. Got a case number and sent it to Odyssey via their Facebook messenger service. Got the refund the next day. Give it a go
Login to Me Too

Sportsfire27
Contributor
Contributor
Will do, thanks for your help, Dave.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

I got into such a situation... I have ordered an hair straightener from

<Removed> from this (link that was already deleted - <Removed> ) but you can still access an google offline page cache, so you can see what I am talking about... (google webcache link - <Removed>

I received the item, and I was shocked from what I was about to see.

Streghtner vs S9.jpg

This is the hair strengthener next to an Samsung Galaxy S9.... 

Well first, different shape form of the item, second, the strengthener that I've received it's only 15W, advertised one was 30W. 

I have filed a claim right away, with this photo included, with all the links included, and the response that I've received shocked me even worse !

PayPal is asking (forcing) me to send this item back to the seller, and cover all the expenses by my self..... !!!!!!!!

Well now, the item costs me 19.47 USD, and the shipping price to send it back to Taiyuan City, China will cost me about 20 to 30 CAD, that's about the same price that I've paid for the item itself.

Is PayPal and seller are in an collusion in this case? Cause I don't feel myself protected by PayPal at all after all this so far.

I agree to send this item wherever seller will want to, if seller or PayPal will cover this expenses.

Otherwise, seller just counts on that ! That no one will bother to send it back for even more that it was originally paid for, so that the seller keeps money, and with a clear resolution center history.

Now more !

Also there is a ton of bad reviews about this group of individuals that are scamming people.

Here is just a few web sites that I get on by only searching <Removed>

Bad reviews - <Removed>

Another bad reviews - <Removed>

Another one, right from paypal comunity - <Removed>

I don't know why they are still online with their PayPal account... They supposed to be banned already !

There is more !

Resolution center is ignoring me from sending any replies by that case, I just keep getting errors and errors and errors while trying to place a message with explanation on this case... This is driving me crazy.

paypal error.png

I will definitely try to give them a call on Monday, maybe they will be able to figure out an solution on this case. 

But till then, what else could you suggest to get my money back? Thank you ! 

Oh yeah, and this error is totally pathetic !

Pathetic.png

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@8978199 

That's how the PayPal dispute work. You are responsible for return costs. You're only entitled to refund of original item price and original shipping costs because PayPal can't refund more than what you paid when transaction is in dispute. It says this in the PayPal purchase protection terms. However, click Offers at to top menu of your PayPal account and see if Returns Shipping is available for your account and register for it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@8978199 

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

So basically using PayPal is useless ?

Cause nobody just gives any fu**s how do you feel after this unsuccessful transaction?

I'm giving up on this ! Will try to do a chargeback for this transaction, so the only hope is now my bank, not this agent called paypal that I used to trust.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.