Seller has a refund request despite a resolution being reached and the case on my end being closed

DarJosBra
Contributor
Contributor

I accidentally double paid a seller (artist) for something via a third party site, and while we waited for the TPS to get back about refunding or cancelling the payment on their end, I also filed for one on here.
The TPS denied the refund, so the Seller and I came to an agreement and they made an additional piece of work for me as compensation and I closed the Case, explaining to paypal the situation too.
As far as I was aware, and the site is telling me, the Issue/Dispute is resolved.
Now the Seller has discovered they still have the outstanding Refund request, and despite it being directly assigned to my account, I can't find any information or cases about it on my end.
What's going on? What can be done?
I have already received the compensation, and already payed all the transaction.

I have also had my account on the TPS terminated shortly after asking after their refund policy, and it's using my email/PayPal account, and as dodgy as that site is, it is still doubtful the request has come from there.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DarJosBra
Contributor
Contributor

It appears to just have been a very, very delayed cancelation of our dispute, the request was just removed.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DarJosBra
Contributor
Contributor

The Seller has clarified that the refund request is from the 18th of October and is "Pending" given I closed the case on the 19th, is this just a case of PayPal's system being excessively slow and that we could likely ignore it or at least not have it be of issue to the Seller going forward.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DarJosBra
Contributor
Contributor

It appears to just have been a very, very delayed cancelation of our dispute, the request was just removed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.