Seller does not respond to dispute and there is no claim button link

Pikachu121
Contributor
Contributor

So I ordered some small decorative items from a seller on three separate listings. After some time, loads of insects (carpet beetles) hatched from those items (they are made from natural fabric). Worse, I noticed that the seller is still selling similar items and you can actually see those bugs on the photos they use for the item descriptions.

I filed a dispute for all of the transactions for a refund. The thing is, I got an email from PayPal saying that the seller has reportedly escalated my dispute to a claim. However, when I view the case on the Resolution Center, all the transaction disputes have "need seller's response" next to all of them. There is also no link for me to click to escalate the dispute. I ticked the box that I will not be shipping the items back to the seller, explaining that the items are so infested/unusable that there is no point to ship them back to the seller and risk giving bug infestation to wherever the packages will be waiting in transit.

Because I don't get given a link to escalate my disputes to a claim, if the seller doesn't respond, will I be able to get my money back? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pikachu121 

Call PayPal customer services about escalating your disputes. They can do it for you. If they say the cases are already escalated, tell them your cases still has “need seller response” statuses.

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us     
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.     
  3. Click Disputes.    
  4. Click Dispute a payment.    
  5. Click Message Us or Call Us after “This information might help” box.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal    

Twitter: @AskPayPal    

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Pikachu121
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! I wrote PayPal support a message. They didn’t get back to me but the escalate button appeared so I managed to escalate my case. Now seller is offering refund provided I send back the items. Will have to pack it in super tight bubble wrap, in case I missed out on some bugs, wouldn’t want them to go on a rampage in the post office.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.