Scammed, but get no help

rune-photo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

I am very frustrated by a case where a Chinese seller of clothes has sent completely different clothes than I ordered and are just rags. I paid almost 300 US dollars and was really scammed. I did as Paypal said and first applied for an arrangement with the seller, but they were not interested in talking to me. I have now sent the package to China and, according to the tracking, it has now been there for over 4 weeks without being picked up. Paypal says the package needs to be picked up before I can get my money back, but doubt it will ever be picked up. I don't get any help from paypal and really feel both disenfranchised and helpless. have been in contact with paypal both by email and on twitter support, but no one can help and I only get standard answers. this is very disappointing and have never experienced anything like this after being a paypal customer for 25 years. I am sick, disappointed and frustrated by this
What am I doing?
Yours sincerely, Rune

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jagodinac
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal did the same to me. Despite promising customer protection they didn't do absolutely nothing to protect me from crooks selling fake Citizen watches under false advertising. PayPal made decision in favor of crooks in China. Proof was sent to PayPal, AliExpress and Citizen Canada. Crooks from China removed their web site and now doing business under new name I'm pretty sure. Shame on PayPal because they support crooks from all around the world. I guess that is their way to make business. I tried to appeal but they closed the case. Chat with live person is not available same as on AliExpress therefore there is no help. No difference between PayPal, Aliexpress and China crooks. Will think twice to use PayPal service. This kind of dishonesty Im experiencing forst time for the last 20 years or so. I guess PayPal is not what it used to be.

Login to Me Too

rune-photo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello and thanks for your reply.
very sad that it is like this, it is almost hopeless to shop in the big world without paypal. On Ebay, paypal is the only payment method, so it really is a step backwards.
But when our own safety comes into play, we must be careful. Also, do you think it's strange that paypal says that the case has been decided in the seller's favor due to an error in the tracking, when that's not the case...? What would paypal gain from that?
Sad anyway..
The last resort is to ask Mastercard if they can help with a refund in such a fraudulent case
Rune

Login to Me Too

Jagodinac
Contributor
Contributor

I guess PayPall is not what it used to be. They should remove Customer protection Policy since their protection is non existent. Same as AliExpress customer protection. They care only about their profit. I think it is better to use prepaid credit card for online purchases. I think that I'm done with PayPall. As their 10 + years customer I'm disappointed that they protect crooks.

Login to Me Too

Jagodinac
Contributor
Contributor

Simply stop using PayPal. They are not better that AliEpress or crooks making fake items from China.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.