Paxful scam Kenya paypal > usdt

kmrc
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there! I wanted to buy some USDT for PP balance. I found an order in Paxful. We agreed on 1000$ trade, I sent 500 + 500 by friends and family option and the money was hold on 24 hrs. After that the guy, which I have a deal with, sent me a screenshot and told me that he can't withdraw less then 2000$. It was really suspicious and asked for return money, he declined. After that I created a complaint and he was angry about it. 

He didn't block me, we keeping messaging, but I'm not pretty sure that I will have my money back. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kmrc 

Unfortunately, friends and family payments do not have buyer protection and if you reported the payments as unauthorized transactions, PayPal will eventually deny your claims.

Only if you’re super lucky to reach the right customer service rep that is willing to would you ‘might’ get a refund.

Recipient has to contact PayPal about the withdrawal issue. Once that is fixed they may send the USDT.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kmrc
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal should make an analysis of quantity of reports for transactions which were made by Friends And Family. I can't believe, that is in 2022 there are a bunch of scammers uses one of the most popular payment method to do such a tricks. PayPal should ban this kind of activity. 

Login to Me Too

Suhamye
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing is happening to me. Did you ever get it resolved?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.