Package delivered but buyer claimed it got stolen, lost my first claim, how do I fight back?

shutod
New Community Member

I have just sent a valuable item out to a buyer who claimed he never received the item, and turns out the package got stolen (his words), he provided me some vague screenshots of the surveillance footage of his apartment of someone picking stuff up from the ground (can't even tell the individuals or packages). He filed an item not received claim, and PayPal decided to rule in his favor despite I provided all the tracking confirmation, receipt, and pictures of the package at the USPS office when I dropped it off. They didn't even provide me any reasonings on why I lost the claim, now what should I do? File an appeal? and what additional information I can add to help with my case?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shutod 

How valuable? Anything totaling over $750 incl shipping/handling requires signature confirmation and always shipped to shipping address on the PayPal payment.

Read t&c’s: PayPal's Seller Protection Program

If you meet the requirements for eligibility and PayPal got it wrong, appeal the case from the Closed cases list at Resolution Center.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

shutod
New Community Member

@sharpiemarker  Thank you so much for your response, yes I did require signature confirmation, and the package value is over 2k. In the first dispute, I provided tracking numbers of the package and screenshots of my receipts, and I guess that's not enough for PayPal to rule in my favor. What else should I provide in my appeal case?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.