Seller is asking me to close dispute to issue refund?

Kmk1218
New Community Member
The seller agreed to the refund but wants me to close the dispute before it issues the refund because PayPal has frozen the money. Is this normal or correct?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Kmk1218

Welcome to the PayPal Community, and congratulations on your first post! 

I'm glad to hear the seller is offering to refund your transaction. However, you do not want to cancel your dispute until you have received the refund. Once your dispute is canceled, there is no way to reopen it. The seller will have the ability to process a full or partial refund through your dispute. If they don't and stop responding, you can escalate your dispute to a claim so PayPal can help. You can find instructions on our Help Center here: How do I escalate a dispute to a claim?

I hope this helps! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.