One item in a lot damaged, seller will not refund— should I dispute? Need help

Anonymous8
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a lot of 2 high value books from a seller. These books were “sealed in manufacturer shrink-wrap”. One of these two, (the lower value book) was obviously sliced with a box cutter, having serious damage to the dust jacket and pages that was undisclosed. The other book was in good condition, and I opened and started reading it. After contacting the seller about the damaged book, they will only accept a return for both items, claiming they cannot possibly accept a return that is “in any way different” from what they sold me. I have told the seller about the book being opened, and they insist they still want it returned. Considering they’ve already sold me a damaged item, I can’t imagine trusting them to refund me in full for a book that’s been opened, regardless of their claims. Could I file a dispute to return the one damaged book? Or is it really just all-or-nothing?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous8 

Never use the items if there’s an issue because seller may want the whole order back as received. If you took the case to PayPal to decide, they also do all or nothing returns, no partials refunds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.