OnBuy Refund while case open ?

LouiseSearby
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I bought a Solar panel from a seller on OnBuy. The Item was late so Opened a dispute , The after negotiating with sell I settled for a Part refund as the Item was missing a part. I greed to this and keep the Item. The seller is saying They can't refund the money as I have a Open case against them Is the Right ? Or are they playing the   we don't want to give you it back. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @LouiseSearby,

Welcome to the Community Help Forum and thanks for posting!

I understand your concern about the partial refund! Even the dispute is in active status, seller can issue the refund to get it closed. Here's the article about how seller can issue a refund in a dispute. 

Once the case gets closed, it cannot be reopened or escalated. Make sure you see the refund amount in your PayPal account before closing the case. If the seller is not able to refund the payment, you can ask the seller to contact PayPal Support team to check this further. Contact options can be found in this article

Best wishes,

Bindu 

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.