No refund from seller

Holdinfoldin
Contributor
Contributor
Purchased sunglasses through PayPal back at the end of Feb. Received glasses and they had to be returned as the arms were bent out so they wouldn't stay on face. Returned as per companies instructions, followed every instruction given to get them back to Spain. Now company (seller) is ignoring all contact as she has to pay customs in order to collect them. I have already paid shipping to return and now courier has attempted 3 times and will not try again. Sunglasses are now sitting in courier warehouse and they are not saying I have until 21st march to get the customs paid by company or they will dispose of returned item. Please can someone advise
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Holdinfoldin 

As you didn't open a paypal dispute > escalate to a claim > wait for paypals decision > return them and supply paypal with tracking when they told you to then anything else is between you and the merchant.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Holdinfoldin
Contributor
Contributor

clearly you haven't read the question properly. i was never advised by paypal to send the glasses back, i went by sellers instructions, at that point i didn't need to involve paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Holdinfoldin 

Clearly you didn't read my answer properly.

Of course you were not advised by paypal to send them back and that is because you did not open a paypal dispute.

If you had gone down the dispute route and provided a tracking number to paypal to show you sent them back to the sellers Paypal registered address then you would probably have had your refund regardless of if the seller had picked the item up or not.

You chose to do it directly with the seller and so that is between you and the seller to sort out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Holdinfoldin
Contributor
Contributor

Hindsight is a great thing, there was no reason not to trust the seller so why would i open a case with paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Holdinfoldin 

That's fine, you chose not to open a paypal dispute to enable your buyer protection and chose to sort it out directly with the merchant.

That is your complete right to do so, but its at your own risk and nothing to do with paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.