Kinguin Digital Limited Scam - Denied Refund

MariaDd
Contributor
Contributor

So my account got hacked and they made an unauthorized transaction for a site called Kinguin Digital Limited I opened a dispute as soon as I saw the transaction but paypal denied my request saying it was not unauthorized. I have removed my card from my account and I don't plan on using it again because I feel so unsafe. They say that they protect their clients but that is so untrue.

I'm still trying to contact them but it seems quite hard does anyone have any advice?

Login to Me Too
42 REPLIES 42

EslamSamir1993
Contributor
Contributor

I'm totally agree 
for me PayPal is refunded the money + I'm still using the same Debit card without any problem
I can see the payments made from my PayPal Account not Directly by Debit card.

Login to Me Too

MichelBn
Contributor
Contributor

I've got an unauthorised payment to Kinguin as well, and luckily Paypal was willing to refund this fraudulent transaction. I am puzzled how things have happened, because I recently changed passwords before this happened. In case this happens to you change the password of your email account and your paypal account and if possible add multifactor authentication as an additional security layer as well!

I am not sure whether Kinguin is involved in this, or that they are a victim as well. The scam works like this:

1. Scammer logs on to your email address and creates mail rules. These mail rules tell your mail to mark specific incoming mails read and then remove these mails to your recycle bin. That way you are not aware of receiving these emails.

2. Scammer creates a new Kinguin account and takes the logon credentials of the newly created account from your mailbox' recycle bin.

3. Scammer links your PayPal account to the newly created Kinguin account

4. Scammer orders software on Kinguin

As soon as I found this out, I contacted PayPal, the police and Kinguin. In my case PayPal did a refund luckily. 

Only after 11 days I received an answer from Kinguin, asking back their money and threatening with legal claims. I told them that I am not willing to pay for some product I did not order as a legal person, looking forward to their reply at the moment...

Login to Me Too

barkaF

Hi,

I would like to know if you received reply from Kinguin.

Today I received their message in which they treaten with "we will be forced to take legal steps in this case."

Finger crossed

Login to Me Too

MichelBn
Contributor
Contributor

I have not received an answer back yet. But it took them eleven days to answer to my first email in which I asked them to revert the purchase, so I expect an answer only next week.

Regarding their legal claims; they operate under Hong Kong law. Not sure on how much impact that can have on European citizens. 

Login to Me Too

rvgabriel
Contributor
Contributor

so what happened? Did you return them the money? Or they just stopped threatening you and that was it?

Login to Me Too

MichelBn
Contributor
Contributor

@rvgabriel In the end they stopped threatening, I did not pay any money to them.

Login to Me Too

meia
Contributor
Contributor

you mean all these were created by kinguin?

someone hacked my email too (not sure is it they buy the info from some black net. I received the email (but in trash bin because it was purposely deleted so it is not in the inbox).

i checked the website today, they use fake dynamic IP.

email subject is: Welcome!

Kinguin.net Support Team <Removed>
Mo[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]22

To: xxx email

meia_0-1622744590686.jpeg

Welcome to Kinguin.net. To log in when visiting our site just click <Removed> or <Removed> at the top of every page, and then enter your e-mail address and password.

Use the following values when prompted to log in:
E-mail: xxxx

When you log in to your account, you will be able to do the following:

• – Proceed through checkout faster when making a purchase
  • – Check the status of orders
  • – View past orders
  • – Make changes to your account information
  • – Change your password
  • – Store alternative addresses (for shipping to multiple family members and friends!)
Login to Me Too

meia
Contributor
Contributor

but the fake email are from them too. <Removed>

New account,

Your account has been created. This is your password xxx

and the paypal is paid to helpdesk with the same domain.  so I have seen 3 email addresses from kinguin.  really sad, that they wanna do such a criminal to earn money...

I was shocked that this scenario happened since 2016 until 2021 

Login to Me Too

adanperez1990
New Community Member

Same here. 25,20€ and paypal reply me this: 

Case closed: the transaction is not covered
Case ID: PP-I-14518507
Thank you for informing us of this case. After reviewing your case, we discovered that it was an authorized transaction and therefore cannot be covered by PayPal Buyer Protection. We have analyzed the account changes you reported in this case.
Case details
Reason for dispute

Unauthorized access

Case status

Closed

Report date

Apr 13, 2021

Non-refunded transactions
We were unable to provide any refunds for the transactions shown.
Apr.
eleven
Kinguin Digital Limited
To pay
- EUR 25.20

Somebody knows what can I do, I want delete Paypal account but I don't want this negative numbers.

Login to Me Too

meia
Contributor
Contributor

kinguin made an account using your email address, never log in, otherwiser in kinguin page they will trace your Ip (of course they used a fake dynamic IP and steal your information from paypal accout).

the account security team from Germany frankfurt was so unfriendly and not helpful, especially the female staff named Paula or Pauline or Andria (forgot), they really site the kinguin Verkäufer.

If you want to remove your personal information at kinguin (which created by the hacker), you cant do it your own (And I doubt they will remove it)

they gave you their email <removed>  , the staff named Jarek <removed> (kinguin staff)

They are really suspicious.

Please do not click the kinguin website and just direct call to paypal and make a police report.

I was so disappointed with the Germany paypal team, Amazon was more helpful and efficient in this scenario. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.