Item arrived from Chicago IL, return to China for refund

Chickadee107
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased jeans through an advertisement stating they were Judy Bloom jeans. I received the item from a company in Chicago, IL. The item was grossly misrepresented and were not Judy Bloom jeans. They were poorly made, smelled like a chemical and had Chinese tags, which must include washing instructions, etc. I don’t read Chinese, so this as an assumption. When I asked for a refund, they wanted pictures and explanation if the dissatisfaction. After providing what they wanted, they offered me $4 as compensation and suggested I give them as a gift. I paid $41.22! I went through PayPal disputes. They offered me $8.00 or return the jeans to a china address for a full refund. The seller, BANBAIN CO, LTD, stating I had only 2 options, keep them along with compensation or the expensive route, return the jeans to China. I received the jeans from Chicago, no where is this address they provided in China, on the product package, or the jeans themselves. I checked my original order, nope, not there either. I asked for some sort of proof that they originated from there or how they got to me from Chicago. They can’t it won’t provide. This morning I received a compensation offer of $12. I have 5 more days on my dispute through PayPal. I think I should escalate to a claim. I feel I am in the right, anyone else had this problem? I’m surprised PayPal provided an avenue for a company clearly cheating customers. Shame on you PayPal

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chickadee107 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Unfortunately companies are allowed to have different return address than despatch addresses and so its best to check on the website first for their returns policy, no address on there for returns = best to avoid.

Also if you check paypals buyer protection policy they state this....

IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cocop2023
New Community Member

I have found the same problem with products being mailed from China. Their sizes are not American sizes.  When I purchased clothing that came from China, they were too small. Unfortunately, alot of companies that advertise on Facebook the products are from China, also Amazon.  Sorry you had this experience. I usually do not have a problem with the resolution of an issue, except for the last one I am trying to resolve.  Replacement offered; however not received as of date. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.