I think I am being scammed

Relay1081
Contributor
Contributor
Someone has paid money into my account and then opened a dispute within 12 hours. I am not selling anything and it’s from a different country, I can’t read the messages. I have now received a dispute from PayPal and I have also received 2 messages to update my details and that I have a dispute and that my account is locked, these messages don’t include my full name. What do I need to do? Thankyou
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Narendar1
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Relay1081 

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Forums! I understand your concern regarding dispute. However, you can refund the payment to the recipient 
If your unable to refund the payment and wish to close the dispute, you can login and contact us for further assistance. Take care. Stay safe and healthy. 

Narendar1 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Relay1081,

Thank you for your first post in the community!

I would add to what @Narendar1 said, that the aforementioned action should only be taken directly on your account. Don't follow any links in the emails you received, as they may not be legitimate

I hope this information is helpful!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.